More awards! I meant to respond earlier, but it’s been a busy couple of weeks.
I’ve been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by Bluesander and the versatile blogger award by Emilino Emloile, Gypsy116, Jessie and Nataly. I was also kindly nominated for the Seven “X” Seven award by Nightshade130 and the Liebster Blog Award by William Leed.
Really, I should have done a post for each, but I’m incredibly behind with replying to comments and posting, so I’m going to have to post a mish-mash of acceptences and nominations.
Firstly, thank you. I’m amazed that people are still reading this, let alone nominating me. All I wanted from this blog was to resolve a few issues, but it’s become more than that. It’s let me back into my first love – writing – and I’ve met some lovely people in the blog world.
The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest,dearest, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The rules for the Liebster Blog Award are:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & paste the blog award on your blog
4. Reveal your 5 blog picks.
5. Let them know you choose them by leaving a comment on their blog.
Choosing five blogs is going to be difficult, as I’ve already nominated people for other awards and I don’t want to leave anybody out.
I’ve chosen the above blogs because of their support through comments and the advice they’ve given. In the case of Jingle Poetry, I want to nominate because the rally they run has enabled me to start writing poetry again.
The Rules are:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
1. I chain-smoke. I’ve mentioned this enough times already, but it’s the first thing which comes to mind. I smoke Amber Leaf tobacco, with blue Rizlas and extra-slim filters.
2. My favourite alcoholic drinks are Amaretto and red wine. Both make me sick, both disagree with me, but I adore the taste. I don’t like white or rosé wine, at all, and can only take vodka in small amounts.
3. I became a vegetarian after watching a documentary on chicken farming. I orignally gave up just red and white meat, then fish a little while later. I like meat, but not the way animals are treated.
4. I currently take over 60 pills a week for depression, BPD, anxiety, PCOS, skin conditions and chronic pain.
5. I love teenage fiction, as well as the Adrian Mole series and Chuck Palahniuk books.
6. I have over 200gb of music on my laptop.
7. I recently discovered the quote “carpe PM”, which means “seize the afternoon”. It fits me well.
Recently discovered blogs:
1. Shauna Smith
14. The Taxi Dog
15. Kellie Elmore
I have many reasons for nominating these blogs, be it their writing style, the support they’ve given, the information they post, or simply because I admire them. I would love to give each blog their own space and explain the nominations, but I simply don’t have the energy right now. Suffice to say, I appreciate each and every one of these bloggers for many different reasons.
Rules of the Award:
1. Share ten things no one knows about yourself.
2. Pass it to six other bloggers.
Ten things nobody knows about me is going to be nigh on impossible, but I’ll try. I may have to cheat, and add things which people in blog-land don’t know.
1. I used to think I would marry Taylor Hanson. I still have a place in my heart for Hanson’s music, even though I’ve matured and learned that some music from that time was enturely rubbish! I had a room filled with posters, and even wrote stories featuring Taylor. In my defence, I was eleven and a bit of a dreamer. Ashamed? A little.
2. I know the whole dance to 5,6,7,8 by Steps. Which is even worse. I have no excuse.
3. I tried huffing deodorant as a young teenager, and hated it. I’ve been tempted to try it since, but it seems like a silly way to get high.
4. My first experience of being high was smoking a bottle bong (made from a plastic bottle of Coke) in a car with a group of lads I hardly knew, after falling out with my boyfriend at the time. We parked by some trees and I coughed my lungs up. I didn’t like it; I couldn’t imagine living without it now.
5. I still love Aqua, and don’t care who knows it. Cartoon Heroes is a tune (I never claimed to be cool).
6. I once stole the Lion King soundtrack on tape from a schoolfriend. I still feel guilty.
7. I hate being hairy. I really, really hate it. Right now I need to shave under my arms, and I wince every time I remember I have stubble there. I feel ugly without smooth skin. Oddly, I don’t shave or wax for anybody else; it’s something I’ve always hated and will always hate. I’m naturally a redhead (okay, ginger) so laser won’t work for me. I spend a fortune on hair removal products.
8. I stole some Amaretto from J’s parents. I have no regrets; if they had to cope with him every day, they’d understand. They had more money than sense anyway.
9. I sometimes seriously wonder if my dreams are my real life, and what I consider to be ‘real life’ is just a dream. I know it’s just wishful thinking, because my dreams are incredibly vivid and detailed, whereas real life seems grey and washed out.
10. I currently have the remains of various binges shoved down the side of my bed, nearest the wall. I’m too ashamed to clear it out.
Getting difficult now! So I’m going to nominate some people I’ve already mentioned in the past, as I feel these particular people deserve recognition in their own ways.
1. Gypsy116 – her blog is amazing, and I see so much of myself in her writing.
2. Bodirose – very supportive, and speaks a lot of sense.
3. Mike Azer
4. Nicole – writes very honestly about her journey with bulimia. Has brought me to tears a few times.
5. judithatwood- also gives amazing advice and support.
Tell something about yourself that nobody knows
For the past few weeks, I’ve been having dreams about O. In them, he’s left Ally and has taken the children with him. When I wake up, I feel sad; not because I still love him (I don’t), but because I worry that he’s unhappy. He used to tell me how unhappy he was in the situation with her, and how he regretted letting me go for her. I wish he could be as happy in a relationship as I am.
Link to seven pieces you think worthy
Most Beautiful Piece: THC (poem)
Most Helpful: Depression – why it was never about sadness
Most Controversial: The Story of O
Most Surprisingly Successful: Like Last Summer (poem)
Most Underrated: Girl, Afraid
Most Pride Worthy: My first blog post, because it was so difficult to put my private diary online.
Nominate 7 bloggers who you feel deserve the award
You know what? I’m going to skip this one. I’m all nominated out, and I hope that doesn’t break any rules.