With having chronic pain and being unemployed, I spend a lot of time indoors, wondering what to do with myself. Television has never been a big interest of mine, so I don’t have that outlet like many others do. Over the years I’ve gone through many time-wasting phases, mostly involving computer games.
The biggest time wasters in the past have been Age Of Empires (I was addicted for years), Spore and the Thief series. I’ve tried other hobbies, and I do have other interests – knitting, reading, writing, poker, music – but my attentions will always be drawn to gaming.
Over the past few months, I’ve been playing The Sims 3 incessantly, and building houses. It’s my favourite waste of time. I’ve been working on this house for a couple of night now:
A psychologist would have a lot to say about my obsession.
- Procrastination: A Writer’s Greatest Enemy (girlsheartbooks.com)
- How do you procrastinate? (conniecavanaugh.wordpress.com)
- When I Have More Time and Other Lies We Tell Ourselves (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)
- In Defense of Procrastination (community.tradeking.com)
- Claiming my title of Master Procrastinator! (bellemarie86.wordpress.com)